This is a competition where we have mantra “race with a smile” and with it we encourage sportsmanship, joy, happiness and fair play both on and off the track!
Below you will find an overview of the rules. If you have questions or are beginners in the sport swin run, we are happy to receive questions via email. We also arrange training camps abroad and swim run training evenings in Karlshamn and are happy to tell you more about them if you are interested in starting a new hobby or taking the next step in the sport.
Competition leader: Maria Larsson
Deputy event manager / race manager: Jimmy Olofsson
Some stretches of swimming will cross major fairways, which include high risk and it is mandatory to follow the designated pathway marked with buoys. By deviation from this marked stretch of swimming means disqualification.
Mandatory equipment must be carried / used. Some equipment is recommended.
Deviations from the marked race course, missed passage at the up and down in water and / or shortcomings in the compulsory equipment lead to disqualification. Defects in the equipment pose a risk to the competitors.
There will be 3-4 liquid stations along the course where products from Umara and the course are served. Here the contestant can refill bottles. The contestant may bring his own liquid and be wanted by other competitors during the course of the competition along the course.
Health care resources are stationed at 3 places along the path, these resources can be quickly moved to injured. These are summoned via officials if necessary along the race track.
The competition takes place in three classes, Women, Men and Mix.
The start is made by “mass start” with all classes at the same time, victories make the team that in each class comes first in goal.
– Longest swimming distance about 440m
– The longest running distance 3.1 km
– Total distance 26km
Own wetsuit and upholstery that can withstand temperatures down to 9 degrees. The wetsuit should cover at least torso and thighs.
Bathing cap should be worn on the head at least during swimming. The swim cap used is an official competition cap included in the starting envelope (own swim cap under the other is allowed).
Mandatory equipment provided by the organizer, vest and swim cap must ALWAYS be worn at the utmost.
Drinking bottle, sun hat / cap and energy / candy are not included in the equipment.
The team should have a small first aid kit as well as a whistle and a Dauer band for quick treatment of pruning.
Swimming goggles, cross-country shoes with some type of bracket underneath
Water Bottle / Camelback, Energy,
Map (provided by the competition organizer).
Simfenor, Cyclop, Snorkeling, Paddle, Simdolme,
Floating aids of max 100cm x 60 cm,
Waist bag / backpack,
Equipment in addition to the mandatory must be notified and approved before starting in connection with the registration. Equipment checks will be carried out in connection with the finish.
Included in the fee:
Lighter to chew after finishing from Best Western
Change of team member:
Up to and including 1/6, changes in the team can be made by a team member for an administrative fee of SEK 200. Changes are made through contact forms and / or mail. After the specified date, a team member can be changed on the race day at specified times for picking up the license plate. If a change of team member takes place on the competition day, an administrative fee of SEK 300 will be paid. The fee is paid in cash on site.
At each down and up on the swim there will be a “Check Point”. Official results list is presented on the website no later than 48 hours after the competition.
Maximum total time: 7 hours. Start at 10.00 and latest at. At 14.00 the law must have passed the western control in Vettekulla which is located on half of the course.
By 17.00 the law must have crossed the finish line.
– The contestant participates in 2XU Island Challange at his own risk.
– The contestant MUST be 18 years old
– The contestant must know the rules and follow them.
– It is compulsory to help as much as possible with competitors who are in need.
– Competitors and officials must show consideration for the local population, landowners, nature reserves, the wild animals in the Eriksberg game fence we enter and other grazing animals along the course.
– Gates that are not monitored by officials must be closed after passage.
– Competitors must follow the official’s / competition management’s requests and any reprimands.
– If one of the team breaks / injures themselves then the teammate also breaks. In other words, no one runs or swims by themselves.
– If a contestant is forced to break the contest, this must be communicated without delay to the official who in turn notifies the competition management. The team returns transport to the destination for deregistration at the finish. *
– In order to be able to offer and share photos, Island Challenge and its partners have the right to publish selected images of competitors in the promotion of the competition or through their own photo service services where images can be sold. If you do not want your pictures available or published, you must inform them specifically at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Trash along the track is absolutely prohibited.
The jury will handle any protests, their decision cannot be appealed. If the regulations are defective, the jury can make decisions based on customary use in “adventure racing” of this kind. The jury’s decision against competitors may result in disqualification or possibly. extra time in case of a minor offense (a minor offense leads to at least 15 minutes extra time).
Any protest must be submitted in writing to the jury within 45 minutes of the finish.
The competition management reserves the right to disqualify participation in violation of the regulations. By starting the competition, the contestants have accepted the competition rules.
By paying the entry fee, the contestant has read, accepted and approved the rules for the Island Challange (also a liability exemption will be written when picking the starting envelope).
If you are not insured against accidents during the competition, you can take out the insurance Start ready, www.startklar.nu
Then you also get insurance against reimbursement of the registration fee if you become ill or injured and are unable to set up.
– The competitors in the team are responsible for each other’s safety.
– During the stay in the water, the competing team must not be separated more than 0-15 meters from each other, if this is broken it can lead to disqualification.
– If the patrol needs assistance during the stay, the arm should be carried over the head in sweeping movements or use its whistle to call the attention of the functionary.
– The competitors must not be separated by more than an eye distance, however, at a maximum distance of 50 m when moving on land.
– The competition management and the health service can prevent teams from continuing the competition if they feel that one of the participants in the team is so tired that their own safety is in danger.
– In case of road crossings, the usual traffic rules apply unless the official / police officer stands and says / shows the contestant priority.
– In the event of high-risk crossings at the swimming stage, the team must never deviate from the exposed course, ie the buoys that are outside. The team must not swim further than 5 m from buoys. Breaking this will lead to disqualification
– The competition management reserves the right to suspend or cancel the competition without claiming a refund of the entry fee in the event that the competition management could not foresee, such as extreme weather conditions such as strong wind, thunder, lightning, fog or other circumstances that pose a risk to the safety and health of the competitors.
-Insurance for each participant is Icelandchallenge in the registration fee for through Folksam, applies in case of any more serious damage.
– Unsportsmanlike behavior or behavior that puts other competitors in danger leads to disqualification.
– Partners have the right to expose their activities after consultation with the competition management.
– Number vests must not be cut or folded so that any sponsors’ logos are not exposed in the intended manner.
– The contestants have the right to wear personal sponsors logos, but not on the front of the competition vest where the competition number is located.